Sunday, March 13, 2011

R.T Day 21 - Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort / Camel Man!!!

The dolphin feeding in Monkey Mia is the main reason people go there I think? and we did see all three feedings. The first one with about 200 people, the second with about 70 people and the third with about 20. During the last feeding I wandered over to the camel rides were I stood there in awe as this guy was yelling at these Asian’s who had payed $35 dollars for a half hour ride! to “shut up” and “start speaking english” as they were speaking chinese and trying to take pictures while he was trying to get them on the camels, then some of them were scared of the camels and would get on then get off and start laughing then the guy would start yelling at them “you get of the camel again and you can stay off”. Mean while I’m in stitches and am trying to wave Lenny over from the dolphin feeding to come and see this cause he would have never believed me! He did come over about halfway through the fiasco and we had a pretty good laugh about it then and then the whole day after. One of the girls never did go for her ride cause she was too scared of either the camels or the operator! I couldn’t believe my eyes and ears and during the whole thing I didn’t even take a picture or better yet a video for You Tube. Never ever have I seen paying customers treated that way and I probably never will. During the day on the beach the dolphins would come and swim around all the people swimming so that was pretty cool and we even had one of the swim about 1 meter away from us chasing a little fish up on to the beach. My darn camera was on the wrong setting so the color in the picture I took with the dolphin swimming right past Lenny was all crappy! We had a great day in the sun on the beach, by the pool and the +36c weather. The Monkey Bar served really great views, good burgers and cold beer so how could we resist!







No comments:

Post a Comment