Saturday, March 26, 2011

Last Day on Rottnest

They have a luggage pickup at all accommodation spots on the island but I seen some stuff sit out there for the whole day without being picked up so I just looked after my own stuff and locked it up for the day. I tried to ride the bike and pull my bag behind and I could have done it but I just couldn’t sit on that seat anymore!!! I put in in the free bus trailer and just followed behind into the main settlement. It was just to hot to go golfing and the course had very little grass, was going to be quite expensive so I decided to go back up to Oliver Hill on the train and do the tunnel tour.   The train track up the hill was put there strictly for the building of the gun and was about 7 km’s long. The 9.2” gun is the last of it’s kind in Australia and it was very amazing all the hard work that went into the building of the gun and tunnels and never even was fired in battle. The tunnel tour was great and our guide Merv, was a very nice man. After the train ride down I had a couple hours before my ferry, so I went to the beach and relaxed for a bit. On the ferry back to the mainland we got to see a beautiful sunset over the island, a perfect ending to my island adventure. Caught the train back to the city and at the YHA, the room I was put in was terribly stinky so I asked the nice girl at reception to move me and she did. This room was much nicer and one of my Japanese roomies let me use his very fast internet for free!!! Nice.








No comments:

Post a Comment