Saturday, December 10, 2011

Gunn’s Camp to Te Anau, change of plans!

When we arrived to Te Anau, another nice town right on the waters edge, I walked to the YHA to check in and ran into Jamie and Sophie! They were just getting back on the bus so I didn’t get to long to talk but they highly recommended the 2-day Doubtful Sound sea kayaking adventure. I decided to bump my Kepler hike up a day and booked the kayak trip the day after I returned! Go,go,go!!! Being my first multi-day hike, shopping appropriately was probably my biggest challenge! I was excited though, as I bought my first freeze dried meal! I had always wanted to try one. I thought I did a pretty good job shopping, only time and my stomach would tell! Bread, dozen eggs, apples, bananas, oranges, energy bars and such! Back at the hostel I organized my gear for the days ahead of me!







No comments:

Post a Comment