Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kepler Track Day 3 - Iris Burn Hut to Motorue Hut - 16.2

This days walk followed the river all the way to Lake Motorue under the forest canopy and with a sunny day made for an amazing walk with the light shinning through. I really took my time today and just putted along. I found a great hidden spot right next to the river to eat lunch and just chill out for a while, very nice. I made it to the lake and could see the hut across the lake and imagined myself swimming when I got there! That I did! I arrived at the hut and went straight in the lake. I took some goofy pics with my self timer jumping in the air and just played around on the beach and soaked up some afternoon rays. This night I tried my first freeze dried meal, Lamb Fettuccine! seemed appropriate for New Zealand! right? I was pleasantly surprised with the flavor after I added the “Spice of Hunger”haha! The view may have had something to do with the taste as well, I’m not sure but it was good!     










No comments:

Post a Comment