Friday, December 23, 2011

Paragliding and Downhill Mountain biking

I was picked up right at my front door for some morning parasailing. I didn’t do it right over Queenstown but just out of town off Coronet Peak and it was an experience I will never forget. It is definitely something I would consider learning how to do in the future! I even got all the pictures included in the $113 price, great value for money, maybe the best yet!!! I made it back to the hostel, patched up my foot and headed for the mountain bike shop to pick up the most expensive bike I’ve ever ridden worth $5000!!! It was so nice. I didn’t take the extra elbow and knee pads because I figured I would be safer without them! I still pushed myself to far though and had a couple close calls but no wipe outs! I ended up making 7 runs between 11 to 3 which was pretty good I thought because I hardly stopped at all except to take a few pictures. I was able to rest in the gondola on the way back up the hill and even that wasn’t enough because my hands were so so sore buy the last run and my whole body was cramping up! I don’t think I could have done another run if I tried. Downhill mountain biking is one tough sport! Amazingly my bandage managed to stay on my foot which was good! I met up with Marie afterwards and the two of us played some frisbee golf and took some really cool pics of a glowing waterfall. Another great day!












No comments:

Post a Comment