Thursday, April 21, 2011

One more day in Sydney


I went for a walk around town a bit and in the afternoon went for another jog the opposite direction and past the opera house and around the bay in the botanic gardens out to the point for the sunset and got more pictures of the opera house and bridge. I made my way back through the gardens to hopefully see all the bats come alive and take to the skies. It was truly amazing to watch them after the sun had gone down, thousands of giant bats with like 2 foot wingspans were flying everywhere you looked! Some came swooping down pretty close to me, I got some really good pics and a couple great videos. Back at the hostel they were having a rooftop BBQ for $5 again and there was some sponsors from a bar handing out free beer so that was good too!