Saturday, April 2, 2011

Harvey Agricultural Fair

The earliest start for me since the road trip we were up at 6:30 and off for the fair. Harvey was about an hour and a half away. I wasn’t sure what to expect for a small little town but this was the “event of the year” for Harvey! It was quite an event with all sorts of things to do and see. I was pretty much all by myself for the day as everyone else was busy with the horses. There was cow, sheep and horse judging  competitions as well as wood cutting comp’s. Lots of old tractors, cars, engines, and chainsaws. They had lots of amusement rides set up with other games to play to. I got my picture with a python and walked around the whole fair which included a rec center full of booths and a gym where there was ever a fashion show going on. I got right up close to the horse jumping which was really neat to watch. There were more horses in one spot than I’ve ever seen before in my life! They were doing all sorts of different competitions all over the place. It was a fun day with beautiful weather and it was nice to be able to come along. 






No comments:

Post a Comment