Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fraser Island Day 1

This morning we got briefed on our Fraser Island trip and find out who the drivers are and some safety stuff before we headed out. Fraser Island is about 130km’s long and about 30km’s wide with about 70km’s of sand beach to drive on and is actually classified as a highway with posted speed limits. I ended up getting put in the lead car which only the guide can drive so I asked the other groups if I can drive their vehicles and they said no worries so that was good. I was with Emily, five other Germans and the guide, Jenny. Right from the start it was a losing battle for the music situation because the Germans had the most terrible taste in music I’ve ever heard, all they listened to was crappy techno. So I ended up getting out of that vehicle for more than half and the trip in the end with five Canucks. After we took the ferry over in the morning we drove along the beach, then went inland a few km’s to “Lake Wabby”. It was this amazing massive sand dune on one side with this little lake in the middle with the rain forest on the other side, so cool! We chilled out there for a couple hours and then headed to the campsite, “K’gari”. There were tents already all set up and there were great facilities so it was kinda like half camping, we all ate supper, had a fire and I showed them how to make smores.






No comments:

Post a Comment