Thursday, November 17, 2011

Waitomo Caves and Uncle Boy’s

Today we were headed to the Waitomo caves and I ended up making a last minute decision to go on the “Honkin Haggas Holes” tour as was so glad I did. We had a great group and ended up meeting some friends I would really like to visit again in Europe one day, Andy from Denmark, Nick from Holland, Martin from Ireland and Avril also from Ireland.  We ab-sailed down 3 different underground waterfalls and climbed, crawled and squeezed through some very tight spaces. I was very intense and I would rate it up there with skydiving and bungy jumping! We stayed at Uncle Boy’s for a true Maori cultural experience. All the guys had to do the Haka, the traditional Maori war dance witch was pretty cool. It was a great night to sleep under the stars and only two of us did!



No comments:

Post a Comment