Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Coffs Harbour to Yamba


I plotted out my run and took to the coast and ended up finding the “Big Banana”, which started out as a farmer in the 60’s who wanted to sell more bananas so he put a “Big Banana” out front to sell more bananas! pretty simple. Well over the years it turned into a mini empire with, a gift shop, restaurant, bungy bounce thing, kiddy playland, paintball, ice rink, motor trike rides. I went to the lookout, a candy making demonstration and had a ride on the “Big Toboggan”, a metal bobsled ride down the hill! I didn’t realize how far I had run and now had to walk back with very sore legs. When I got back I figured out on the map I had done about 12 km’s. I made it back with an hour before my bus left so I had a shower and hopped on the bus for 2 hours and was off to Yamba. I didn’t plan on stopping there but the guy at the hostel said it shouldn’t be missed so I took his word for it. The bus stop is right in front of the hostel so that was nice and the dude at the front desk said there is a $10 surf school and $10 tour friday morning so I decided to stay until then.    








No comments:

Post a Comment