Friday, May 6, 2011

BlackButt Reserve

Veronica’s Mom lives in Newcastle and I had contacted them a couple weeks ago saying I would be coming to Newcastle soon and just to email them when I got there. So before we left for the day I sent them a message,”or so I thought!” telling them I was in town. Meika had just arrived in Australia the day before so she wanted to see some native animals so we took the bus up the hill to blackbutt reserve and spent the day walking around the park and seeing the animals. Admission to the reserve was free, but it cost a whopping $3.50 to do the “Koala encounter” which we did, and it was nice. Afterwards I showed her the hunter street mall and we bought some stuff for a very basic pasta dinner. Pasta, can of salmon, some tomatoes and spices which I always carry around! After dinner we exchanged some photos. I checked my email to see if Pam had responded and I realized I somehow sent the message to myself and not her!!! So I called them on the phone and they said they would call me right back. About an hour later and no call I checked my phone and they had called! but my ringer was off! So I called them back and explained I was having some difficulty with technology today! They invited me to come stay with them the next night and take me to see some sights around the city.






No comments:

Post a Comment