Saturday, May 28, 2011

The “Little Ship Club

Tamsan, this english girl at the hostel had heard about some possible “FREE” sailing going on down the road, so I went along on a whim hopping what she heard was true because I would be missing the hockey! I am so glad I went because I had a blast! It was a race and then some mini-putt golf afterwards. I got teamed up with Mike and Angie on there boat the “Super Goose”, it was a pretty nice racer type sail boat and the favorite to win. Out of 8 boats in the race, we started last and finished first, Oh Yeah!!! I learnt some new things about sailing and even enjoyed a beer while we crossed the finish line. After the race we all played mini-putt and every boat ended up getting a prize in the end. We all socialized for a while and had some drinks and after went down to one of the other boats to have some drinks and some very fresh prawns. We would have liked to stay longer but we had to catch the last bus back to the hostel. It was a super great day with some more awesome locals!








No comments:

Post a Comment