Friday, May 20, 2011

Back to Byron Bay

I left the old church this morning and I stood on the wrong side of the road (or the right side of the road in Canada!!!) so the bus just went right on by! I ended up hitchhiking for the first time to get back to Byron and maybe a dozen vehicals passed me before someone picked me up! Coincidently in happened to be a neighbour ot the churches! There are two YHA’s in Byron so I decided to stay at the other one only two blocks away from the other one. After getting settled I went for a walkabout along the coast to the most easterly point in Australia and then to the lighthouse! It was a beautiful walk, probably one of the best so far! After the coast bit it went back through the rainforest in a big loop. When I got back I decided to take out a bogey board since they were free and having been surfing a few times I was like, bogie board, whatever!!! Well, that bogie board showed me!, right away did a face plant!!!, thankfully right into the sand and water. It was one of those face plants where your face hits the ground and your feet go right up and over! I was in quite a bit of pain and it could have been a lot worse but I walked away with a couple scrapes on my face and sore gums. I did continue to ride the waves with my new respect for the bogie board!









No comments:

Post a Comment