Sunday, January 9, 2011

KI, Day 3 Golf, oh yeah!!!



The day before I asked the nice lady, Libby, at the hostel about the golfing in town and she said she would bring her clubs in for me, sure enough she did and they were about twenty years old which made it that much better of am experience. The club house had a box with envelopes, receipt book, score cards and a slot in the wall to put the money in!!! $10 for a round!!! It was a very interesting course, all run by volunteers, and instead of greens, because of the lacking water situation they had “Scrapes”, which were still the same size as a regular green but were made out of a course sand cover by tar or some black chemical. I forgot to ask, but nonetheless it was something to see. I even managed to get one legitimate par putting on that stuff so I was very impressed with myself!!! There were some great views from the top of that course as well.

After golf I was headed to the beautiful tropical like beach minutes from the hostel and met a very nice woman staying at the hostel from Switzerland, Colette. We went swimming and sunbaked on the beach for a couple hours. I asked her if she played tennis and she did so we went and played for couple more hours and had great fun playing in the hurricane like winds coming over the hill. After tennis I asked her if she would join me for dinner at the Penneshaw hotel, so after dinner we went back to the beach to try and see some penguins come out of the ocean and go up to there little homes on land. We never got down there till about 9pm and didn’t see any come out cause they said they come out between 8 and 8:30pm, so we walked up the hill a little bit and ended seeing one hiding under the bush, YAY!!! We really wanted to see just one and we did!!! She was off on the morning ferry and I on the evening ferry tomorrow so we said goodbye and farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment