Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Back to Adelaide YHA, again!!!

I said my goodbye’s to everyone and Peter gave me a ride back into town. After I put my stuff in the room I went right away to book something for Kangaroo Island and was set to leave in two nights on a two day/ one night bus tour of the island with an open ended return ticket so I don’t have to return to Adelaide the 2nd day and just stay on the island for a couple nights at Kangaroo Island YHA. Even though I have seen a lot of Adelaide already I got a “FREE” City Highlights tour to do the next morning for booking the KI tour, so that was a plus!!!  When I got back to the hostel I ran into Lenart, from Germany, and Simon, from Scotland, who I had met previously in Adelaide. Lenart and I made plans to go to Port Elliot YHA beach house for a couple days after I got back from KI.
After I got all of that settled I decided to go and try out the Par 3 North Adelaide Golf Course, only cost about $20 for a round. Even after not playing for a while I still can hold my own out on the course, got one birdie and about a dozen par’s so that was a successful round. A few of the holes were right besides parking lots and main roads so you had better make sure you hit the ball straight. I’ve never not lost a ball playing a round of golf and with only 3 holes left I hadn’t lost a ball yet, and kid you not, about a minute after I thought about actually finishing without losing one, of course I hit one into a tree and it didn’t drop out, the tree ate my ball!!! I swear!!! I looked everywhere for it! Maybe next time. KI has a course right by the hostel, but it’s not gonna cost $20 to play, that’s for sure!
Later that night was pizza and a beer night that the hostel organizes, I met some more great people, a girl from Colarado, a couple guys from Germany, and a couple people from London. After pizza a few of us went out for a couple drinks to Grace Emily’s where I met those great locals who took me surfing to Middleton beach.
One girl I met, Kelly from London and I seemed to hit it off and get along really well, it would have been nice to spend some more time with her, but in the world of backpacking, go figure, she flew out to Sydney the next morning. So If I’m ever in England she said give her a ring and I’d have a place to crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment