Saturday, January 8, 2011

KI Day 2, Flinders Chase National Park





Up early and off to Flinders Chase National Park, in the rain!!! oh well. We went to see some Koalas at Hanson’s Bay koala sanctuary before the park where we ended up only seeing one Koala in the pouring rain and we all got pretty wet doing it! But I did get to see a Koala in the wild which was another check off my to do list.
We drove to the end off the island where the “Remarkable Rocks” and “Admirals Arch” are and again got soaked again but it didn’t really matter cause we were all having fun and we got some great pics cause all off the pics you see of them are usually during nice weather, never the rain!!! They were two truly amazing places that you just can’t miss if you are in South Australia. We drove back to the beginning of the park to the visitor center and had a nice warm cup of coffee and lunch on the barbie.
Go figure the rain stopped once we left the park and we were ahead of schedule so Dave took us up the north coast for some amazing views and to his favorite beach on the island “Stokes Bay”. To get to the beach you had to follow a trail through the rock that had formed little caves, it was very cool!!! Once at the beach there were the biggest waves I’ve seen yet in the country and Dave didn’t have any bogie boards so just him and I went body surfing which was super fun and I got a mouthful or two of water when I tried to look up when I was catching a big wave.
We drove to Kingscote, the largest town on the island to go to see a honey bee farm which was special cause they are the only pure strain of ligarian??? bees from Italy. I think thats what they called, I never took a picture of the name, just the bees, haha!!
After the bees we went to the harbor a watched the Australia pelicans, the biggest in the world, get fed. WOW!!! We dropped of Jerome at the Kingscote airport and the rest of us drove back to Penneshaw where I was staying at the hostel for two days and the rest of the bus was catching the 7:30 ferry back to mainland. I said my goodbyes to the girls and told Julia to meet me at Grace Emily’s bar when I get back to town, she said she would try to make it. The hostel was very nice and I had to get a good sleep because I was to go golfing in the morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment