Thursday, November 11, 2010

Melbourne (Blog's not letting my post new pics!!!)????

Thank goodness I bought that GPS because there was no way I ever could have made it to the car return place by looking at a map, and even the GPS wanted to take me down a one way street. I ended up walking to the hostel which was about 10 blocks away, and as I found out the GPS had a walking mode on it. I just put my stuff away and went for a walk around town. The restaurant next door had specials for $5 pizzas so that was a nice change, cheap food!!!
I was actually sitting in a Maccas checking e-mails and what not and a man and his wife seen my tattoo and asked where in Canada I was from, I said Kenora and mentioned the cruise and sure enough he came over on the same ship, small world eh!!! 
Melbourne has a free bus that takes you around the city where you can hop on, hop off at various stop all over which is great, cause free is great! I spent a day doing that checking the sights. Stop by the very impressive Victoria market which is supposed to be the biggest market of it’s kind in Australia. They also have a free city circle tram, so I got to ride on my first tram which was interesting. Fun fact: Melbourne has the biggest tram network in the world!!! Later on I went up the tower Eureka 88 which is the tallest viewing platform in the southern hemisphere.


1 comment:

  1. Sapphire Princess isn't ready to let you go is it?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete