Friday, February 18, 2011

Back to Melbourne - My 1st AFL game!!!

I said my goodbye’s to everyone and Alex took me to the airport. My baggage weighed exactly 20 kilos!!!, so no extra charges for me this time, hahaha! My flight was right on time and I have flown many times, but this may have been the softest of all landings ever, I couldn’t barely feel us hit the runway!! I checked in at the hostel and went for a walk to mail a postcard for Gramp and Gram, and get some sandwich stuff for my train ride to Adelaide in the morning. A fellow Canadian seen my tattoo on the street and asked where I was from, we chatted a few minutes and he told me there was a couple pre-season AFL (Australian Rules Football League) games going on that night so right away I knew what I was doing this evening! When I was standing in line I started to chat with a couple local’s, Jeff and daughter Jessica. There were very nice and asked me join them as they had some friend saving some seats. They were great seats right next to the field!!! He explained some of the rules and facts about the game, like it was all started in Melbourne and they take it very seriously in Victoria. I watched the first game with them and then went to the very top of the stadium for the second game, picked a favorite team and bought a souvenir keychain. The “Essendon Bombers” a north Melbourne team, who were playing in the final game. I went back down and watched the game with Jeff and the others, it was a great last game with the bombers going down about 3 goals in the first half only to come back and win the game in the second!!! Yeah!!! Go Bombers!!! Looks like I picked the right team, hahaha! I had a blast and I will definitely go see another regular season game. 






No comments:

Post a Comment