Sunday, July 3, 2011

1st DIve as a Certified Open Water Diver!!! - Night Dive Too, With SHARKS!!!

We had one last training dive just as the sun was coming up and then halfway through the dive he wrote on his board we were all now certified divers and shook our hands! Our next dive was just my dive buddy, Marcus (one of the tough guys who got really sick), and myself. Before every dive you get briefed on the dive site and the best way to navigate around it. The dive site was called “Gordon’s” on Flynn’s Reef! It was an awesome experience I will never forget. I rented a proper underwater camera that goes down to like 30 feet so I got some good pictures of it all. We thought we were right near the boat but ended up surfacing about 200 meters away from the boat cause we just swam to far and it’s so hard to gauge how far you have swam when your underwater! So we had to do the “Swim of Shame” back to the boat! Our last dive of the day was a guided night dive with very active sharks swimming around our boat, just little ones though, like 5-6 footers!!! I took down the camera and got some great footage of the dive, with some turtles and sharks!





No comments:

Post a Comment